Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paul

2011 - Adventure Sci-Fi Comedy by director Gregg Mottola

Description: Two friends from London, UK come to America to attend Comic Con in Los Angeles and continue onto a road trip throughout the southwest to visit common UFO sighting locations.  Suddenly the most extraordinary thing ever to cross the path of these particular nerds happens.  They meet Paul, an alien, who needs a ride away from Area 51.  While on their journey they encounter many obstacles and through Paul they learn a lot about life, themselves and their friendship.

Review: Classic writing and acting from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!  A must see for anyone who enjoys the sci-fi life.  Total nerd humor with references and tributes to numerous classic films and TV of the genre.  I think that even if you aren’t a geek you would still enjoy the movie.  Great line up of actors with special appearances.  We all know why we love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!  Jason Bateman’s (classic) dead pan humor nicely contrasts the silliness of the other characters.  I love the combinations that Kristen Wiig’s character creates in an attempt to use swear words!  Bill Hadar and Joe Lo Truglio play really well off of each other.  Like they are 7 year old boys playing in the backyard…  Seth Rogen did an amazing job voicing Paul.  His voice adds the extra bit that really wraps the character up in a laid back, rude, funny blanket.  I wasn’t expecting one of the twists that came at the end… One of them was completely obvious from early on and through the film, but was still pretty cool.  Even without Kristen Wiig’s swearing this movie is really quote-able.

My ratings:
Storyline & plot – 7.5
Acting - 8
Action - 5

 My favorite quotes:
"That is jenga."
"Listen to me Frick & Fuck; I want everything you can remember about the pissy nerds."
"Baby, where we’re going you don’t need teeth."
"Fuckaroo that was the best titty farting sleep I’ve ever had!"

Lead cast: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen
Supporting cast: Jason Bateman, Kristen Wigg, Bill Hader, Joe Lo Truglio, Jane Lynch

2 comments:

  1. love the quotes! I will have to watch the movie just so I can hear them being said by the actors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tempe! Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope that you like the movie as much as I did! :oP

    ReplyDelete