Thursday, November 17, 2011

Horrible Bosses

2011 Action Comedy by director Seth Gordon.
Description: Three male lead characters who have been friends since high school find that they absolutely hate their individual bosses and jokingly decide that their lives would be better off if they just killed them. When this becomes a reality things start to get interesting as they find themselves in situations that they never thought possible. They figure out if they have what it takes to take a life.

Review: So funny! Greatly written storyline.  Verbal and physical comedy that is on par with The Hangover. Nice use of different movie quotes and references throughout the movie and I was still able to pull lots of quotes specific to this movie. Lots of plot twists and a pretty good ending. The story line is original but somewhat predictable. You can pretty much figure out where this is going or at least see the possible outcomes but I don't feel that the predictability takes away from the story or ending. Everyone likes a happy ending. This movie has made its way onto my favorites list. Jason Bateman is awesome. The combination of great actors really sets this movie up for an hour and 40 minute ride of laugh after laugh. Colin Farrell did a great job with his sleazy character.

My ratings:
Storyline & plot - 8
Acting - 8.5
Action - 8

My favorite quotes:
"You know what’s going on in there? That was almost all over us."
"Suddenly I'm an expert on sifting cocaine... It's amazing dude."
"You think you're more rape-able than I am!"
"I gave the rest of my mother fucking money to Motherfucker Jones!"

Lead cast: Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Charlie Day
Supporting cast: Kevin Spacey, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell, Jamie Foxx, Donald Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment