Monday, November 21, 2011

The Amityville Horror (1979)

1979 – Horror by director Stuart Rosenberg

Description: Newlywed couple, George and Kathy Lutz, find and buy their dream home.  After moving their family in, strange things start to happen.  Maybe the history in this house plays a bigger part in their story than they think could be possible.  Will the Lutz family survive and if so for how long?  And will they ever get to the bottom of the riddle that is their house?

Review: Classic story of when your house attacks!  The writers stayed pretty close to the book.  You would get the most out of this movie by watching it after nightfall.  Typical overacting of the 70’s and 80’s drenches this movie.  Overall I think that I love this movie for the nostalgia factor, it used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid!

My ratings:
Storyline & plot – 6.5
Acting - 4
Horror – 6
Suspense – 6.5

My favorite quotes:
F   “I went into that house… And what I saw there was real, what I felt
       there was real and what I heard there WAS real!”
F   “Jody doesn’t like George.”
F   “Goddamn it, this is MY house!!”

Lead cast: James Brolin, Margot Kidder
Supporting cast: Ron Steiger, Don Stroud, Murray Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment