Saturday, November 26, 2011

The A-Team

2010 - Action/Adventure/Comedy by director Joe Carnahan
Description: An alpha team of Army Rangers takes on a mission without orders to retrieve some stolen U.S. currency printing plates. When the plan doesn't go quite the way they had expected, they find themselves in a court martial and with dishonorable discharges. After each member of the A-Team is incarcerated in separate facilities, the action really heats up as these former soldiers seek redemption. 

Review: An awesome movie, considering what it is being adapted from. Don't get me wrong, the TV show is classic in all of its cheesy, corny, retro glory. But to say that it was an amazing TV show is giving it too much. With understandably lowered expectations going in, the pretty much nonstop action from start to finish, and the humor splashed in, you really don't have much choice but to finish the movie in high spirits. Overall, it’s pretty quote-able…  The actors did really well with what they were given.

My ratings:
Storyline & Plot – 6.5
Acting – 8
Action – 9.5
Comedy – 7

My favorite quotes:
ü   “I love it when a plan comes together."
ü  “Give me a minute, I'm good. I've got an hour, I'm great. You give me 6 months... I'm unbeatable."
ü  “No.... They're trying to fly that tank...."
ü  “You should see these bullets in 3-D!"

Lead cast: Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson, Sharlto Copley
Supporting cast: Jessica Biel, Patrick Wilson, Gerald McRaney, Brian Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment